- Even in-network prices can vary by 3x or more
- 30% of medical tests and procedures are unnecessary
- Most employees are overpaying for prescriptions by 50%
- 37% of employees do not have an established relationship with a PCP
Why Healthcare Navigation?
Eliminate the healthcare hassle and optimize your network with high quality, cost–effective care.
Challenge the Status Quo
According to a large national study, the healthcare insurance industry ranks last in terms of simplicity across 25 different industries – and the large health insurance companies hold 3 of the bottom 5 spots.
Only 7% of Americans trust health insurance companies.
30% of medical bills are incorrect.
The Heart of the Matter
Orthopedist refers to expensive imaging that is 2x more expensive than area average
Orthopedist pursues surgery instead of more conservative therapy
Surgery performed at a facility that is 3x more expensive than area average
Brand name meds prescribed instead of lower-cost alternatives
The Solution: Healthcare Navigation
Clear the obstacles with a solution that "does the homework for employees" and makes it easy for them to get the care they need
So employees get answers, not the runaround
So employees don't leave cost and quality to chance
So employees consider all benefits when making healthcare decisions
Approach Needed for Navigating Healthcare
COMPREHENSIVE: support for medical, dental, vision, Rx and ancillary healthcare benefits
SOLVES PROBLEMS: critical-thinking college graduates anticipate member needs and provide solutions that exceed expectations
YOU’RE A PRIORITY: personal, trusted, long-term relationships that provide consistent support over time
QUALITY-DRIVEN: support team evaluated on solution quality, member satisfaction and money saved
Approach Used by Health Plan Call Centers
LIMITED: support limited to medical insurance only
CAUSES HEADACHES: call center reps use scripts and forward problems to supervisors when asked complex questions
YOU’RE A NUMBER: impersonal, single-call interaction
QUANTITY-DRIVEN: support team evaluated on number of calls handled
Employees need answers, not the runaround.
Don't leave cost and quality to chance.
Simple, personalized choices enable behavior change, lowering healthcare costs and increasing employee satisfaction with their benefits. SMART RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Combine employees' health plan information and personal preferences with the best options for them based on cost, quality and physician availability
- Simplify decision making by curating all options into a few distinct recommendations
- Make it easy for employees to actually take action on the information provided
Employers offer a wide variety of valuable benefit programs. However, it’s difficult for employees to know their healthcare options and identify their best resource. In-the-moment benefits education simplifies employee decision making. This might include encouraging employees to use second opinion services, steering employees with diabetes into a clinical management program or providing opportunities to connect with a doctor via telemedicine services.
The Compass Solution
Your champion for simpler, smarter healthcare
Challenge the Status Quo Footnotes:
- Global Brand Simplicity Index 2017 (http://simplicityindex.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SG_GBSI_2017.pdf)
- Harris Poll (https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/breaking-news/americas-leastrespected-industries-how-does-insurance-fare-16552.aspx)
- The Wall Street Journal (https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703312904576146371931841968)
Heart of the Matter Footnotes:
- Compass Professional Health Services data (https://www.compassphs.com/blog/healthcare-price-transparency-why-is-there-in-network-price-variability-2/)
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- U.S. FDA (https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/QuestionsAnswers)
- Compass Professional Health Services data